Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What?

So I'm doing a little research on CRIMESTAR after hearing the city council discuss it last night.

I figure I might need to know a little about it on the off chance that I'll get elected and have to vote on whether or not to purchase the system for Thayer's police force.

One paragraph in, I come across this (emphasis mine):

CrimeStar software is a completely integrated, flexible and powerful information management tool for law enforcement and public safety. Crimestar's reputation for providing high quality, easy to use, affordable software, has made us the vendor of choice for today's progressive law enforcement officials.


That can't mean what it seems to mean, can it? And if it doesn't, what on earth DOES it mean?

What is a progressive law enforcement official? And how is he different from a normal law enforcement official? And how does CRIMESTAR help progressive law enforcement officials but not normal ones?

I'm so confused.

No comments: