Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Senator Palpatine: Staying true to a consistent philosophy is a bad thing.

Of course, when one has no consistent philosophy, it's kind of hard to stay true to it.

Here's a quote from John McCain-Feingold:

"In this crisis, as in all I may face in the future, I will not allow dogma to override common sense," the prepared remarks said.


What's the phrase I use in situations like this? Oh, yes, here it is -- Ayn Rand would vomit.

The biggest thing I dislike about the Clintons is that they have no core belief system, no principles they won't compromise to get what they want. And John McCain is just like them.

1 comment:

Tom Hanna said...

To be fair, dogmatic and consistent aren't synonyms. I recall a certain person writing that calling the city gubmnt to clean out the ditch wasn't anti-liberty, for example. Libertarian dogma would disagree. Libertarian principle wouldn't.