Friday, January 23, 2009

The road to underwearlessness is paved with good intentions . . .

I woke up this morning with the full intention of getting a load of white laundry done today.

From the looks of the forecast, there's not gonna be any good hanging-out days for at least another week, and I'll probably be out of socks and maybe underwear by then.

I did a load of colors yesterday, and it is still hanging on the clothesline on the front porch. They weren't quite dry yet, but I thought surely they would dry by noon, so I could bring the basket inside for a load of whites.

Besides, I was out of bleach, so I'd have to go to the grocery store and get some. I did so without incident, also picking up a 12-pk of fake Diet Dr. Pepper for a little more than two bucks.

But I got home and discovered the clothes were not dry. So I went to the library.

Came home. Still not dry.

To make a long story short, I farted around all day and never did get my laundry done, so come a week from now, I may be going commando and foot-commando.

No comments: