Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's like wearing a poodle for a hat . . .

... it just don't make no sense!

(Those of you squeamish about TMI regarding bodily functions, back away now.)

So I pick up a Debrox Earwax Removal Kit. Too many years of listening to Guns n Roses full blast on the headphones are starting to catch up with me. That, and earwax and ear hair seem to come with the territory of being a Hirsute Old Fart.

Thing is, you have to tilt your head and put the drops in and stay that way for several minutes before using the bulbous booger-puller to suction the liquid out. I am easily bored, so I read the carton of the Debrox Earwax Removal Kit. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

Because listed among the inactive ingredients is something I didn't expect -- flavor.

Yeah, you read that right -- flavor. In an Earwax Removal Kit.

Don't believe me? Go to the pharmacy or grocery store and check it out for yourself.

No doubt the Bellamy Brothers had this in mind as one of the things that makes their Old Hippie get out there in the Twilight Zone.

FYI, Debrox's customer service number is 1-800-245-1040.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that stuff from years ago, and sadly, I do remember a very nasty flavor.

Now, of course, I just swim a bunch and hope the earwax goes away, and usually it does in big chunks and then my ears hurt and I have to quit.

But Debrox is good stuff, if a little oily, or it was back in the Carter menstruation, er, administration.

R